Friday, March 15, 2013

Lanyard

At my job, I have to wear a badge and attached to that badge they gave me a horrible green lanyard. I wore it forever, thinking it was my only option, until the light bulb went off in my head! I can make my own!!!


So I shall teach you to make your own too!
Things you'll need:
Crimp tool. Seed beads from the awesome Blue Moon Bead collection. Crimp tubes. Bigger beads that I grabbed from a color tin by Blue Moon. Beading Cord, magnet, large lobster claw, jump rings and I used a little spring to help hold the beads on my cord (optional)


Basically, I designed a three strand braid. It goes just as if you were braiding your hair, but only with beads. Then I added some larger beads for texture and bold color. I braided until I was happy with the length, then finished it off.


At my job, my lanyard has to be a breakaway kind, for safety reasons. So I found a powerful magnet at Joanne's and used that to tie it together. Then I placed a large lobster claw on the other end to hang my badge.


The different colors made it come out very nicely and I've got nothing but compliments since I started wearing it around my work place. Bring a little color into your life. Just because you have to wear a badge doesn't mean it has to be ugly!
I think I shall make some in different colors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment