Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wooden Pendants

 Believe it or not, I haven't worked with a lot of wooden pendants before. I got sent a box of fantastic beads and there were a few wooden pendants in there, but I just set them aside, because I honestly wasn't sure what to do with them.

Finally, a few days ago, I thought I had better do something with them or they would forever become a part of my stash and never be used.

As I started working with them, I wondered why I had never bothered with them before! They're super cute and earthy.

For my first piece, I took a pendant with a golden leaf. It's a part of the Blue Moon Bead line.

Well then I found a cute clasp and thought it would be quirky to put it in front instead of behind.

Metal and wood actually go really well together, so I threw in some metallic beads, also by Blue Moon and created a unique necklace.




 For my second project, I found a fun wooden pendant with what looked to be a golden flower in the middle. Well, it was easy to see how I was inspired to make a fun piece!

I found some chain in my stash and also pulled some fun beads from Blue Moon Bead tin called Peanut Butter and Jelly. I hooked these up to eye pins and placed them in various places on the chain.

Then for my last step, I found what was originally a wooden pendant, but to me it looked like the perfect wooden clasp, so I slapped that on and Viola!






Find the nature lover in you and go make something with a cool wooden pendant!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I love the mixed metal and wooden look. They do combine well!

    ReplyDelete