Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Interchangeable Masterpiece!

While pondering what I should make for my monthly necklace project, I got an awesome bead package via Blue Moon Beads that contained their Amulet line of pendants, which are sold at Michael's. Inside this box was an overflow of awesome pendants, and to make things cooler, each pendant symbol had a small card that explained what exactly the symbol stood for. (That's always good.)
ANYWAY!
I saw this cool post on Pinterest about interchangeable earrings and figured I could easily do that with a necklace.

Basically, you create the necklace piece and instead of a bail clasp with a pendant, I added the hoop part of a Toggle Clasp. Then I connected the bar part of the Toggle to the pendant, thus creating a pendant that can be taken off and switched for another, depending on your mood. (I had two toggle clasps. One for the pendant and the other to actually use to put the necklace on)

For this project, I chose two pendants to interchange with; in reality, you can interchange with as many pendants as you want!

Pendant 1: The LotusThe lotus flower basically represents holiness, good wishes, purity and positive energy.

Pendant 2: Yin-Yangrepresents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work.

Hope this project idea give you some inspiration. If you make one, let me know how it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment