Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Getting ready for the Steamfest!

Yes, later this month there is a Steampunk fest in SLC! I'm so excited. For those of you who didn't know, Steampunk is like my guilty pleasure, especially creating jewelry in this fashion.
So when I got my monthly box of goodies from Blue Moon Beads, and I found so many cool metal connectors, I knew that I had to create a Steampunk masterpiece to wear to the Steamfest!



 The reason Steampunk is so interesting to me is because ANYTHING GOES! Industrial meets beauty equals an awesome piece of jewelry that I guarantee you wont find anywhere else

Anyway, enough of my ramboling. This piece, as you can see, includes many elements. Almost all of it is metal, except for a leather cord that I knotted, to give it more of an uneven and different look.



I used mainly metal connectors and fun beads. Urban Warrior line is featured, as well as the normal Blue Moon Bead line. I especially love the patina-looking beads. I added a little bling as a pendant to give it a girly aspect to it.
Despite all the metal, it is very comfortable to wear





I even made earrings to go with it! Made with connector hoops and simple black beads.

If you haven't tried your hand at Steampunk, I encourage you to try it out. Remember, anything goes, the sky is the limit! Take those nuts and bolts you have laying around the house and make a work of art out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment