Thursday, February 27, 2014

A little bit of Steampunk in my Life

Steampunk: a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by Victorian era or industialised Western civilization during the 19th Century.
I like to think of Steampunk as, Sci-fi meets Victorian romance, all powered by steam.

As Steampunk expands, I find myself drawn in by the uniqueness of its style and fashion.
So, this project is dedicated to my love for this crazy genre!

The basic Steampunk signature to any jewelry piece: Bronze, Gears, Wire. 
These earrings incorporate all of those signatures!
I found the bronze and copper beads in the Blue Moon Bead section of Joann's Crafts and Fabrics store and was so excited! They are perfect Steampunk beads. 
I grabbed a few gears and some 20 gauge wire as well as 26 gauge wire and set to work.


I had a lot of fun bending the wire to a shape I thought would equally display the gears as well as the beads.


Wiring everything together took some time, but after you get a flow, it's rather easy.
This earring is worthy of any steampunk outfit. I've worn these even with a casual outfit. It's a great way to sneak a little Steampunk into my every day life!


I sell a similar item in my Etsy store and I have also just opened a sister store that sells nothing but steampunk!
Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment