Monday, February 17, 2014

The Power Of Lotus

Its roots are in muddy water, but the lotus flower rises above the mud to bloom, clean and fragrant. In Buddhist art, a fully blooming lotus flower also signifies enlightenment, while a closed bud represents a time before enlightenment.

In my goody box of Blue Moon Beads, I found a pretty glittering Lotus Pendant from their store line. 
I've always loved the flower, though I never really knew the meaning. Come to find out that the meaning is very cool indeed.

What you'll need: Lotus Pendant, 2 colors of chain, Glittery beads, 2 clasp, Earring hooks, Jump rings.


I took the glittery Lotus and set it in a chain necklace with a few sparkly beads thrown in. 
I didn't want to take away from the pendant, so I kept the surrounding simple.


Since it's setting was just chain, It was so easy to make a complimenting bracelet.


And earrings!


Well, there you go. I hope you are inspired and enlightened by the Lotus!




No comments:

Post a Comment