Sunday, June 29, 2014

Steampunk vs Nautical


I haven't ever been a huge fan of Nautical jewelry, but this octopus is the coolest pendant I've seen in a while.


Of course, I had to throw in my own little Steampunk twist on it.
I grabbed a few beads and chain from the Blue Moon Beads line, some gears and a key to make this bad boy.
Basic strategy: I put every bead on its own eye-pin and non-beads were hooked to jump rings. 
Then it was just a matter of measuring chain. 


I wanted a layered look, therefore, I measured a slightly longer chain than my bead/gear strand.
I love things that are a little different, so I off-centered my pendant to be resting just about the collarbone area. 
I think those kinds of necklaces are so cute and you don't see them all over! 
When I was done with the bead and chain strands, I still felt like something was missing and so I made a few dangles to hang from the octopus; it balanced out the necklace very well.


With a necklace so awesome, it needed a companion.
The bracelet was a breeze (compared to the slightly time consuming necklace). 
Same strategy as the necklace; eye-pins for beads and jump rings for gears and then you measure your chain.


Add a clasp and there you go! 
Steampunk meets Nautical meets BEAUTIFUL
I absolutely love this necklace set and guaranteed you won't be seeing anything else like it around.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love the fringe on this - a bit of dangle is always a good design choice! x

    ReplyDelete