Friday, March 13, 2015

DIY Birthday in PINK!

A few months ago, I was commissioned to help plan, set up and pull off a very pink birthday party for the cutest baby girl who was turning one. 
If you've ever read any of my other posts, you know that pink is not one of my favorites...in fact I tend to stay away from it...far, far away.
That being said, you could imagine my...excitement when I found out this party would be in the brightest pink ever created! 
(I'm still seeing pink when I close my eyes, seriously)
Putting my personal feelings aside, I worked with Keila's mother to create for her an amazing pink birthday party!

First came the dessert table. 
This was the mom's idea that had inspired the entire party, so it had to be good. 



It wasn't easy. I had to look up so many tutorials (I'll try to link them all) and it easily took an hour or two to set everything up. 



  

(Mine came out slightly different than the YouTube tutorial shows, but mine needed to be hung up instead of stand in a vase ;) )

  

(They are a little hard to see behind the lollipops)


With the table done, I had to figure out how to match the other items in the room to the table. It turned out, this was going to be a HUGE first birthday party with over 50 people attending (not including kids!)

Keila is an absolute doll and her mother loved to take pictures of her, so I decided to use those to bring out a little more of this girls story.



I put together a cute little photo gallery of all a bunch of pictures of Keila and her family. They were set around the table to bring balance. 
(When you're OCD like me, I can't have anything unbalanced!) 


Next mission was the gift table. 
It had to be big with all these people coming, so I decided to make it another focal point of the room. 


Turns out, it was also the perfect backdrop for guests to come in and get their pictures taken with the birthday girl.


With so many guests on their way, we had to figure out the best way to set the tables so that all this cuteness could be seen!


Our centerpieces were made out of candy glued to a Styrofoam ball and surrounded by tulle.


We hung a lot of fun things from the ceiling to make the tables pop. 
We even hung balloons!




And the final touch would be the Keila's name big and proud for all to see. 


I made these out of cardboard boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. The sparkly letters were cut out of sparkly paper from Hobby Lobby and glued on. They stacked to be taller than me!


This party was one of the largest birthday parties I'd ever planned (other than my sweet 16, but that's another story). The room we had to set this all up in wasn't the greatest to look at, but with all the bright color and large focal items, it worked out pretty great. 
Little Keila had a great birthday party!

And of course, I had a lot of fun too...even with all the pink.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorials and the ideas!

Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment