Saturday, May 4, 2013

30 Minute Challenge

 EARRING CHALLENGE


I decided to spice things up. I gave myself 30 minutes to make as many earrings as I could. I grabbed a whole bunch of random things at the ready before I started and then set the timer.
(This was mostly to de-bulk my massive storage of beads.)

I think this one is my favorite out of the three that I made. I started with some fun leaf clasps from Blue Moon Beads and then added some fun beads from a mix tin. I linked those to a copper chain to create the hanging effect. They are so fun! I wore them right after I made them. :)
For this pair, I used some fun links that came on the Urban Warrior line of Blue Moon Beads and then some beads from a bead tin to make a very modern look.






For this pair, I took apart a pendant to get the key-hole centerpiece's for these. Then I hung some flat metal dangles from the Urban warrior line, which is one of my favorites! I also used golden links from the same line. These follow one of my favorite styles, Steampunk!





I had a blast with this challenge, so now I challenge you!
Gather some items that you've been planning to use for ages, set the timer and let your creativity lose!
This can be done with more than just earrings; you could just as easily make bracelets or necklaces or rings or whatever your little heart desires! Though I would give yourself more time to work on items bigger than earrings or rings.
Have fun! Let me know how it went. I would love to see what you've come up with!





No comments:

Post a Comment