Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hats Off To You

One of my favorite past times is to make Steampunk creations. If you've never heard of Steampunk, its a mixture of Victorian era and modern technology, all powered by steam. 
Hard to wrap your mind around, right?
Well, Steampunk fashion is an open book. Pretty much anything goes. But a definite trademark of the Steampunk genre is...Top hats.
I've found a way to make my own mini top hats, thanks to my friends and an Alice in Wonderland party.

And the best part about making your own is that you can make it look like whatever you want! 
I took some fun pendants from Blue Moon Beads and used them as the center focal point for my hat.

The pendant I chose for this hat is the Owl.
The owl represents wisdom and intuitive knowledge. They also grant you the ability to see what is hidden to most.


I added some fun gears to compliment the owl and add to the Steampunk vibe.


Blue Moon has A TON of cool pendants that can be used to embellish different items.





1 comment:

  1. I love steampunk design! And generally anything steampunk. I love EVERYTHING about this hat. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete