Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tree of Life



My favorite wire jewelry creation to make is the "Tree of Life".
The idea of the Tree of Life has been used in Mythology, Theologies, and Philosophies about the connection of all life on our planet.
Yeah, the meaning is cool, but making it is also very interesting. Every time I wire one of these bad boys together, it comes out different!

When I saw that Blue Moon Beads had a bunch of stone-chips on sale, I knew what my next project would be!

Two different gauges of wire (usually 18 & 26), chain, stone-ships, a clasp and clippers and you have everything you need for this project.


I've been making trees for a few years now, thanks to a tutorial on You Tube, and love them more and more every time I make a new one. 

There are so many different styles of trees you could make. 
The different color of "leaves" alone are astronomical. 

You could always replace the rock chips with seed beads or pearls. Those make for some unique trees.

For Mother's day one year, I took the birthstones of all the children in my family and made them the colors of the leaves and gave them to my mother. She loved it. It was such a cool concept that a bunch of people at my job wanted me to do that for their moms as well.

Anyway, didn't mean to rant about trees, just wanted you to know how awesome they are!
And now you know :)

If you would like to learn how to make these awesome trees for yourself and would love if I would make a tutorial on how, please comment so below. 
Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment