Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Gift of Creativity!

Like a lot of people now-a-days, money is tight in my household as well.
With Christmas less than a month away, it's time to search the couch, inside out all pockets and scrounge for money to buy Christmas gifts.
But what happens when all of that searching comes up empty? That just means it's time to get creative!
I don't know about you, but for me, everyone kind of expects jewelry from me now...I mean, it is my hobby. So, this year, I'm throwing them a fast one. I won't be making jewelry, but instead, gifting creativity!
I've seen jar gifts all over Pinterest and I always thought that was a good idea. People can use Jars for so much, so it's like two gifts in one!



With a $3 jar from Walmart, I began to weed through my stash of beads (and a crazy stash it is) and other artsy things to put in this "Creative Jar".
I tried to add in a little bit of everything. For example: Buttons, Beads (glass, ceramic, fabric, wood), pendants (Glass, wood, stone), Charms, Velcro, Glue, Gears, Hair accessory, findings, etc...
Basically, anything that I thought could be used in a project, went into the jar.




It looks like a jumbled mess (it kinda is), the idea is to inspire creativity in the recipient. 
The person that I'm gifting this to, is a craft junkie and so I think that at least a few things in this jar will be used. If anything, it will be fun to look through and discover what is in the jar.
I slapped on some ribbon and a cute tag and there you have it. A perfectly presentable and cost manageable gift.

The great thing about the Creative Jar is that you can make them with pretty much any craft.
If you scrapbook, cut up some fun shapes and strips from your scraps and put them in there. 
If you sew, gather your scraps and make a "Scrap Quilt Kit".
The list goes on and on. 

Side note: Making this jar is a great way to de-clutter some of your craft supplies. It's also a way to give something a second chance at actually being made into something. I don't know about you, but my collection has grown so great that there is no way that I could make all the things I originally planned on making. 

There you have it. I hope that helps some of you who were wondering what to gift someone.
If you make a Creative Jar, I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment